ECHO™ Academy of Direct Marketing Arts & Sciences Membership Application
For previous judges only
Academy Membership Criteria
All ECHO™ Academy applicants are required to have previously served as an ECHO™ judge within the last 3 years.
If you have previously judged: You may apply for Academy Membership now.
If you have not previously judged: We encourage you to fill out an application for judging. After you have judged you will be considered for ECHO™ Academy membership.
ECHO™ Academy members must meet these rigorous criteria:
- Senior level direct marketer, agency, advertiser, supplier or solution provider.
- 7+ years of direct marketing experience (which includes web and mobile) in one or more business categories, or 3 years search experience.
- Experience in/strong familiarity with relevant DM channels (web, DRTV, mail, etc.) in one of the specific vertical business categories.
- DM experience in one or more specific business categories for a minimum of 3 years.
- Innate sense of fairness and impartiality.
- Since Academy members judge the ECHO™ Awards, members agree to judge solely by ECHO™ judging principles, and to strictly follow the ECHO™ Awards' judging ethics.
- Academy members must be actively engaged in creating direct marketing, which includes web, search and mobile.
- Academy members must judge the ECHO™ Awards 2 days every 3 years (if you reside more than 1,500 miles or 2,414 km from a judging location, 2 days every 4 years).
If all other membership criteria are met:
- Employees of DMA member companies are eligible for full Academy membership with waiver of the membership fee.
- Members of DMA Affiliates (many regional DM associations) are eligible for full Academy membership with waiver of the membership fee.
- Individuals who are not employees of a DMA member company, and are not a member of a DMA affiliate, are eligible for associate Academy membership for 2 years and pay a $50 Academy membership fee upon acceptance.
Please note that:
- Those who do not comply with ECHO™ judging criteria and judging ethics are ineligible for membership/continued membership.
- Members serve at the pleasure of the Governors of the ECHO™ Academy.
- Full Academy membership expires every 3 years and must be renewed. Associate membership expires after 2 years.
- Academy membership requirements may be modified from time to time.
1. Please tell us about yourself